Tattered old quilt...fixed
If you can believe it....this quilt use to look like this!!
I was asked by a friend if I could fix this for her friend. This quilt meant a lot to her. It was her Grandmas and was used a lot! I said sure! Um....why I said that I don't know? This was tucked away for a few months waiting to be done and when I pulled it out yesterday..I totally forgot what it looked like! I almost didn't do it. Then last night I thought..okay...it can't be that hard. So this is what I did:
I took my 14" square up ruler and cut out as many 14" squared as I could. Then I cut out as many 7 1/4" rectangles as I could and then I cut out as many 7 1/4" squares as I could.
I was also given some shirts and an old apron that I could use in the quilt if needed and this is what I did:
I cut out a 14 1/2" square, then cut it in half to make two rectangles.
Then I pieced all my smaller pieces together to form 14" squares. So now all I had were 14" square to sew together. This took about 3 hours. Next was the easy part and that was quilting it and adding the binding...The binding was a light turquoise color I thought worked great. And there you have it!
I like how I got a bunch of different size squares and rectangles not...on purpose. And since they were all a bit wonky I thought some straight line quilting would give it some symmetry.